Sunday, April 1, 2018

Hello April!

Well, I was supposed to get back to Cassiopeia last week, but that didn't happen. Lots of little reasons why, but I think one big one: it rained ALL week. Every single day, 4 days straight. We had a break Friday and Saturday, then today, it's snowing. So happy April Fools Day from Mother Nature, right?

Anyway, what I did work on last week was Hillside Travelers, another from Little House Needleworks. This was among my year of starts last year, but I don't think I've shown it here. It is one of my favorites though, and is among the few projects tempting me to be a one-at-a-time stitcher. So here's what it looks like and where I got to last year:
And here's what I did this year:
Of course I wanted to keep working on it, thinking "if I could just get those pine trees in" or "hey, I could start the verse at the bottom!" But at least I got the people and animals done, and most of the little hillside filled in. I need to find a good blue for the pond though. The pattern calls for 3022, which is the color of the gentleman's jacket. Definitely green. I know it's a mossy pond, but I want my water to be blue! But that will wait til next time, which will definitely be this year. :)

Since it's a new month, I've pulled out a new focus project for the evenings, and this time it's Scale. I haven't worked on Scale since Nov. 2016, and I really did miss her. I remember trying last year, getting her set up on the frame, but I never got any stitches in. So even though I usually stitch on Luna on Sundays, I just had to work on Scale today, and managed a little over 400 stitches. Not much, but a good start:
So yeah, I've moved down a row  of pages again, this time to work on her lips. Seeing her like this though, I can't help but think of my mother's name for this one: Big Nose. :)

I didn't finish my Temperature charts for March since the website I get my temps from hasn't updated the last two days yet. (Frustrating!) So here they are up to March 29th:
See those spools on the ornament chart? I think they're pretty cool. It's hard to see that the thread and spool are different colors on the first one, but I still like it. I'll be on this round for the whole month of April, so I hope I get some good colors. :)

Well, that's all for now, I guess. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see Scale again, I absolutely love her, she is sooooo beautiful =) great work also on your other projects =)

    ReplyDelete