Sunday, March 25, 2018

Virtue Sampler and Luna

This week I managed to feel pretty productive. In the mornings, I stitched on my Virtue Sampler from Little House Needleworks. I just started this on the 18th, but I think it's stitching up pretty quickly. I was too lazy to take it off the qsnaps, so here's before and after I moved the frame:
I was lucky to do the rooftop Friday morning, cuz that day I was a total zombie! This daylight savings thing always messes with me, and I think it gets harder every year. But rooftops and tree trunks seem to be the remedy, and I'm very happy with my progress.

In the evenings, I worked on Luna and managed to finish one column and get pretty far on the second column, so I'm just shy of 3 columns for the month:
I should have finished that column today, but I slept in and caught a major case of the blahs. She is looking really good though. The current column picked up the arc of the moon at the very top, so that will be filling in as I go along. I also love how her hair is stitching up with all the wayward strands and bits of sky peeking through. (Gee, can you tell she's my favorite?)

The temps this week were pretty stagnant, but the colors look great together on my Temperature charts. These are the transitions between dark blue and full green, which seems to be the majority of March. 959 came back with a vengeance though, taking up three days:
And another row of the ornament is complete! The next row has been started, but it's a little different. These are little spools of thread, but the thread tails carry over into the adjacent block. So I'm gonna have to be a bit creative and stitch the color of the thread for one day and the spool for the next day. We'll see how that turns out next week.

That's all I got for now. Think I'll go take a nap. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work on your projects =) I love to see Luna, she looks so pretty! I have the QS version of her in my stash and whenever I see your updates, I feel a certain itch to start that one (well, right now you got me hooked for a Stephanie Pui-Mun Law QS...)

    ReplyDelete