Sunday, February 11, 2018

Quotes, Part 7

Not a whole lot to show this week, but I did manage to finish another quote for the Stitchrovia SAL:
This one was pretty simple, and I actually like it a lot. The cream shadowing on "Better" is a bit too light, but I didn't care enough to change the color. I have seen some awesome color conversions for this project, but I'm just too lazy to deal with the extra hassle. I just want to stitch! I was glad to get another piece of the border done as well. It's such easy stitching, but it takes a while. Had to move the q-snap, so here is what the whole thing looks like so far:
Just three more to go! I still think it will take me through September though.

It's been kind of an off week for my stitching. Work has been tough -- I've been training the latest batch of new people, and learning a new program besides -- so I was actually too tired to stitch for a couple evenings. I do have Euphoria on my stand, but it took me a few nights to get to know her again, so progress has been slow. I'm getting there though. :)

I did manage to work on my Temperature SAL charts, as usual. The weather has been all over the place, which is also as usual. The lowest temp this week was 19, the highest was 53:
My little ornament is really growing! And I like how the striping is developing on my chart. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the different colors fill in. :)

That's all for this week, short and sweet. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's one of the reasons why I've not done the Quotes chart. I love the idea of it, but I don't like the colors and I don't like the backstitching crossing over the stitches, and I would have to change all that and it's too much work. I agree with you...I just want to stitch the patterns. I like to look at everyone else's work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on those Quotes, I think it looks lovely. I am still a bit shy when it comes to color conversions, I never did one before and I think I would need some time and effort to figure it out and then I am always like "well, I'd rather be stitching" ;-)

    Those temperatur SALs look great, maybe I'll do one for next year, too =)

    ReplyDelete