Sunday, February 25, 2018

Finish #2!

Hi guys! I'm back with my second finish of the year! Can you believe it? :)
This is a Lizzie Kate called When We Do. I stitched it for a friend's birthday in May, so I've got a while to find a frame for it. I'll likely have one custom made since the dimensions are so small. This was my February start for Stitch Maynia's Year of Starts. It took me just seven days to stitch, 7.5 hours total. I did make a counting error with one of the leaves on the rose, but I don't think I'll change it. (I'm so lazy!)

I have also finally, after much kicking and screaming whining and complaining, managed to finish my teensy tiny partial page for Euphoria:
That little point is the beginning of a leaf. I really wanted to stitch the next page where the rest of that leaf lives, but I just couldn't get my mojo going on her this year, so I've put her away for now. Next time! That leaf will appear! I know it's a lot of mindless pink, but there actually is a slight color change toward the top of the page, like an ombre into a slightly lighter pink. It's working up toward her shoulder, and eventually to that large trumpet flower there. But alas, that is far, far in the future. Still, looking ahead gives me impetus for the present. :)

Since I was struggling so long with Euphoria, that put me off track on Luna as well, so I'm still shy a page finish there. Hopefully that will change in the next few days. (I'm sure it will.) This next week will be difficult at work though. I've been expecting to train a few co-workers on our new program for a while now. Friday, I found out I have to give three or four separate classes, stretched across three or four days next week. Talking for several hours is not my norm and it tends to wear me out, so I hope I'm not too tired in the evenings to stitch.

For March, Stitch Maynia is having a mythology stitch along. So of course, I have to stitch on Cassiopeia! I've missed her so much, so I'll be happy to get her out again. It's really shameful how long these projects are taking me!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with my Temperature SAL charts. Can you see the new color?
Yay, it's yellow-green! We saw the highest temperature of the year so far (66) right before three days of ice, sleet, rain, and ice. But I was glad to stitch with something a little different. I also got to start a new round on the ornament. It's really starting to grow! :)

That's all I got for this week. Until next time, happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I always love to see your work on Euphoria, she is such an amazing design =) But I completely understand that it feels like ages to stitch all those skin colors and that it needs some extra motivation to do this ;-) I*m looking forward to see Luna =)

    ReplyDelete