Sunday, February 4, 2018

A Finish!

Hi all! I'm back with my first finish of the year! :)

January was pretty good for me stitching wise. I managed to stitch every day, worked on 10 projects, and did 12,749 stitches. I've done more in years past, but I still think I'm off to a good start.

This week I worked a bit on Frosty Forest and managed to finish another block. This is actually the first block in the series (I started with the second) called Frosty Reindeer:
My french knots could use a bit of work, but I think they're ok. I can do them really well on aida, but on linen, I feel like I'm forced to go through a different hole, and they always end up a bit wonky. Guess I'll just have to practice. And yes, I left that big empty space in the middle for the button, which will be added when all the blocks are done.

I also managed a few more days on Morning Glory at the end of January:
I feel kind of silly now thinking I could finish her in a month, but it's good to have goals, right? I am still not done with the dress, and I found a counting error in the right leafy thing she's holding; but you can't tell, so I'm not worried about it. :)

And here is another week on my Temperature SAL charts:
January is all done, plus the first two days of February. The average temperature for January was 37.4, so I stitched in the month on my chart with the corresponding color. I really like how both charts are turning out so far. I just hope I can keep up with this throughout the year.

For February, I've pulled out Euphoria, hoping to get a couple more pages stitched. I didn't get to her at all last year, so it's kind of nostalgic working on her again. Next week I'll be working on my Quotes SAL again, trying to finish up #7. So, until next time, happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on that very cute finish =) The Frosty Forest designs are so cute, I always feel a certain itch to buy them when I see them, maybe one day (well not maybe, surely...) ;-) I would love to see some progress on Euphoria, so I am looking forward to see your next update =)

    ReplyDelete