Sunday, January 7, 2018

Welcome 2018!

The first week of the year is already over, and I think my stitching routine has regained much of its "normalcy." I've stitched on 3 things this week, and although progress is never enough, I think I'm getting better at finding time to stitch in the evenings.

First, I finished off my 12 days of working on Jim Shore's 12 Days of Christmas. I finished the stitching for block 1 last year, so this year so far was all about block 2, the turtle doves. They are actually kind of cute, but it's a lot of stitching:
After all the greens and yellows from the first block, I really enjoyed stitching all the blue, which are some of my favorites. I was sorry I didn't have time to fill in more of the white, but it's coming along nicely.

Next is the first of my 2 new starts from the first. This is Morning Glory, by Nora Corbett:
The Lilac fabric is working out really well, and it's so pretty I keep just staring at it. :) I'm really pushing to get her finished this month, either entirely or at least all the stitching. There are a ton of beads though, 5 packs in all. So far, I've got about 1600 stitches in.

My second new start is for the Temperature Chart SAL in Stitch Maynia, where we stitch a color each day to represent that day's high temperature. I just thought the idea was really fun, and I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's progress and different designs on facebook. The Stash Queen herself is doing a very intricate design that I can't wait to see develop. Mine is a simple chart of my own design, stitching each month in columns. Each day's block is 8x3, because I wanted something small and easy to stitch, but I also want to see the colors clearly from across the room. The first few days were really cold here, so I got to stitch some lovely purples to start:
So that's the first five days of the year. I plan to stitch the month names above each column as well, but I might do that in the color that represents the average temperature for the month. Just an idea.

Well, that's all I've got for this update. Hopefully I will see you again next week. Until then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment