Sunday, January 28, 2018

Luna Makes her Appearance

Hi all! I've made some good progress this week, and have hit a milestone with Moon Indigo. So should I show her first? I think I will! :)

My goal with Moon Indigo is to finish two columns a month (1900 stitches). This month I managed about 2200 stitches, and I finished her face!! I am so happy to be done with all that confetti, but I am more pleased to have her whole face done. She's kind of doing that emo look to the side (like, finish my hair already, gah!) but she is really beautiful. Sometimes I see her from across the room and I'm like, Wow! Hopefully the stitching will be a bit easier and faster now that I'm on to simple sky and hair. Still shooting for a row finish this year:

For my morning stitching, I continued with Stars by The Drawn Thread, and managed to get the top third done:
I had so much fun doing all those little stars! And all those flowers too - they are Octagonal Leviathans, and threw me for a loop at first. But once I got the sequence down and learned to count properly, they were a breeze.
I didn't have the called for Dinky Dyes, so I subbed in Belle Soie Sister Scarlet. I've really enjoyed stitching this design, so it's hard to put away, but I'm also looking forward to the rest of my rotation. So next week it's on to Frosty Forest. :)

And of course, here are my updates on the Temperature SAL:
We've had some warmer weather this week, so it's into the greens. The darker green represents the low 60s. I'm wondering how soon I'll get to use a yellow, for the 70s. On the ornament, I'm starting a row of cute little hearts, and there is the first one in the top row. So cute! :)

That's all for now. Keep those needles smokin'!

3 comments:

  1. Moon Indigo is indeed beautiful and I have that Stars pattern, too, on my To Do List for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her face has stitched up beautifully, love the butterfly in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely, I am so happy to see her face and she is so pretty =)
    Unfortunately, I am very behind with blog these days, so I am just catching up with everything I missed over the last month ;-) You already shared so many lovely projects and I think your latest new start looks stunning =) Keep up with the good work =)

    ReplyDelete