Monday, January 30, 2017

January WIPocalypse

Well, I've had the best intentions for keeping up with blogging and commenting, but alas, things are still a bit hectic. It feels like my stitching has suffered a bit as well (at least my larger projects have) but my stitch count for the month is already over 12k! Even I was impressed by that. :)

This year I've got wips and smaller projects all over the place, but I'm trying to focus on just a handful of the larger ones (I call them my Prime 9, cuz I like nicknames) plus a couple smaller wips that I'm hoping to finish this year. This month, I worked on a few out of the handful, and made dubious progress.

My main focus is still Moon Indigo, so hopefully you'll be seeing a bit more blue every month. I managed to finish off two columns, so I'm halfway through page 9:

I also worked a few days on Flora, beginning a new page and a new row. There's a big purple iris that dominates the page, so that's what I stitched on:

And I got a lot done on my first square of the Frosty Forest series, from Country Cottage Needleworks. I'm not sure how far I'll get this year, but I want to at least finish this square and start a second:
Stitching that house was actually a lot of fun. And I love those teal accents! :)

This month's question is:
What Stitch-a-Longs (SALs) are you participating in this year?
Actually, I just joined my first ever SAL, and it completely took me by surprise. Stitchrovia on Etsy has designed a series called "Quotes to Live By" which I think will have 9 parts, so only goes through September. I love Emma Congdon's designs, so I jumped on this as soon as I saw it. And the best part is, all proceeds go to a UK charity called MIND, which supports those with mental illness. So, win-win! I've seen lots of people personalize the colors, which is awesome, but so far I'm sticking to the colors as charted:
Still have a ways to go to catch up for January, but I'm really enjoying this one. I've also had my eye on the Clouds Factory and Frosted Pumpkin SALs, but I don't think I could keep up with them throughout the year. So perhaps I'll just buy the patterns down the road...

Guess that's all for now. Happy stitching everyone!

6 comments:

  1. The blues in moon indigo are beautiful, funny to also be doing a blue iris in Flora. Good luck on your smaller pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are really tempting me with the frosty forest one, I love the series! Great work =)

    Good work also on your other projects, you are speeding up again with 12k already done! I am so excited to see more of Luna, her face will look amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress :o) I love that Frosty Forest design... I keep getting tempted by them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! The pattern for that geometric bunny is nowhere to be found on Etsy. Looks like the storeowner has removed it.

    Do you know if there is any other way to get ahold of the pattern for it?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! I just checked out the shop, Velvet Pony Designs, and it seems she has removed a lot of stuff from her shop. I don't know if she's just reorganizing if they're truly gone. You may want to contact the shop owner to see if it will be listed again. It's a really cute pattern!

      Delete